The Board of Deacons
The Deacons serve as an extension of the Pastoral Care in the church. Their defined role, as set forth in Scripture, is one of sympathy, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ. Their primary duty is to minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress both within and beyond the community of faith.
Our Deacons at Ark and Dove Presbyterian Church maintain the following:
- Prayer Partners (group who pray for concerns shared)
- Prayer Requests and Praises during worship
- Delivery of meals to members in need
- Provide the Gift of a Bible to children newly Baptized
- Contact and visitation to members in need
- Maintain contact with less active members
- Welcome new members to the congregation
- Coordinate transportation to those in need
Prayer requests can be directed to the Prayer Partners Team by contacting the church at 410-674-6400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The team will be contacted and the wheels will be set in motion. You can also write your prayer request and submit it during Sunday worship. It will then be shared at the right time and also included in the next weekly e-Arkive.
The deacons are responsible for providing meals and fulfilling any other needs those members and their families might have during times of crisis. We are here to serve you for any need as they arise. Contact the deacons at email@example.com.