Covenant to Attend In-Person Worship at Ark and Dove
In accordance with the Values of Ark and Dove, I covenant to abide by the following rules in order to minimize risk of spreading Covid-19 to staff, other worshippers, and myself:
- I will wear a mask covering my mouth and nose the ENTIRE time I am in the Ark & Dove building. Masks will be available at the front door if you forget yours.
- I will not sing during the service, or while in the sanctuary, even under my mask.
- I will stay more than 6 feet away from everyone outside my immediate family, both inside the building and while on the grounds. This also means no hand shaking, no hugging, no elbow bumps.
- I will ensure my children wear a mask while in the building, and that they maintain more than 6 feet distance from others not in their immediate family.
- I will not come into the building if I have any symptoms of Covid-19; or have been exposed to someone who has Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
- If I test positive and have been to church within 14 days of the positive test sample date, I will notify our church administrator to allow contact tracing. Confidentiality will be maintained.
- If my mask falls below my nose; or if I forget and remove my mask, I will be courteous to anyone who reminds me to put the mask back on.
- I will sit in my assigned seat; make sure my children sit in their assigned seat; and follow instructions given by ushers or church volunteers regarding entry / egress from the sanctuary or building.
- I will not consume food or drinks during the worship service.
Ark and Dove Presbyterian Church Values:
- To keep ministering to the community. The Six Great Ends of the church(PCUSA) Are: (1) the proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind; (2) the shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God; (3) the maintenance of divine worship; (4) the preservation of the truth; (5) the promotion of social righteousness; and (6) the exhibition of the kingdom of heaven to the world.
- To provide worship and education to comfort and guide the congregation during this time of COVID 19
- To protect the vulnerable among us.
- To recognize that our community is an interdependent web and when we take risks, our actions affect far more than just ourselves.
- The ethical treatment of our staff, officers, leaders and members minimizing the risks to health.To stand behind leaders who make tough and or unpopular decisions rooted in the values set forth in this section.
- To affirm good science and to actively seek out accurate information.
- To adjust to the new normal and to accept that we will not be back to ministry as we knew it in 2019 until a proven vaccine is developed and widely distributed.
- To maintain flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- To maintain unified and consistent communication with the Ark and Dove Community.